Keeping You and Your Family Safe this Winter
Changing weather conditions can quickly alter road conditions. To ensure that you arrive at your destination safely this winter, it’s a good idea to follow some basic safety tips while behind the wheel:
3) Slow down and drive according to the conditions. Most winter crashes are caused by driving too fast for conditions.
4) Never drive through “white-outs” or “snow fog” caused by cross winds or plowing snow. Wait until you can see a safe distance.
5) Stay back at least five car lengths behind the plow, far from the snow fog and any sanding material being spread; snowplow operators will turn off the sander, pull over, or raise the plow for better visibility when it is safe to do so to allow traffic to pass.
6) Be patient. Allow more time to get to your destination. Remember snowplows are working to improve road conditions for your trip. Know where the plow is on multi-lane roadways.
7) Be extremely cautious when passing a snowplow. They can be moved sideways by drifts and hard snow pack. Watch for plow trucks on interstate ramps and “authorized vehicle only” cross-overs.
Hoselton Auto Mall
Corner of Fairport & Marsh Roads
East Rochester, New York 14445